Have you been hearing any scratching sounds in your house? Or maybe found some dark brown droppings? This could be a sign that you have rats in your home. Learn more about how you can find out if they are infesting your home and areas to check where they usually hide in.
Where Rats Tend to Lurk
Do you know where rats tend to hide or nest? Hearing those scratching sounds can be annoying, especially when you can’t find the area where the rats are lurking around at night. If
you have a loft or attic in your home , this might be one of the places they usually roam around in. When you search your attic area, you should mainly look for rat droppings or smudges on the walls. These are some of the common signs that rats are infesting your home. However, you should also look for any chewed wires, shredded insulation, or other items in the room that could have bite or scratch marks.
You might not like the idea of rats infesting your house, but you see signs in your kitchen, that can be very disturbing for you. No one wants rats crawling in their cabinets or other places where you cook your food. However, it is possible since the kitchen and laundry rooms are different spots you should check. They like crawling behind washing machines, dishwashers, dryers, and other large appliances. Pipework or cables that have any holes big enough for them to fit is also a likely target for them to be in.
Of course, sometimes hearing scratching noises coming from the walls of your house is simply from them actually being lurking inside those walls. Any other dark places they can fit their bodies and where you usually won’t look in are areas they might be concealing themselves in.
Signs of Rat Infestation
● You know the secret places they might be in, but do you know the general signs of a rat infestation? As stated before, dark brown rat dropping is a major sign you have an infestation on your hands, especially if there are a lot of them piling up.
● Scratching sounds is another significant sign since you might not think to look for an infestation without the distinct sounds they are making in your house.
● Rats are dirty creatures, so you might also be able to spy some black rub marks from dirt or other greasy substances. This might mean smudges could be marking your floors or
● If you see a pile of soft items and shredded material, then this could potentially be a nest that they’ve made.
● Oddly enough, you might be able to catch glimpses of their footprints since they seem to track in dust and other dirty splotches along your floors.
Hire a Reputable Pest Control Company
If you find signs that rats are infesting your home, don’t let it go. Some people ignore such things because they don’t think rats are a big deal or they’ll go away on their own. However, rats can spread diseases to humans through their feces and urine that they will leave throughout your home. Don’t let them affect you and your family any longer. Instead, you should hire a reputable pest control company in Markham to get rid of those rats more effectively than simple lethal rat traps. This will save you time and money in the long run since pest control experts know how to prevent the rats from coming back into your home as well.